Monday, February 16, 2009

Statement of Intent

The main question I wish to pursue in this seminar is “What is the value of a liberal education?” This entails, then, my own thoughts of what education (institutionally speaking, i.e. curriculum, etc.) ought to be as I’ll be making an argument as to why one should pursue a liberal education as opposed to the a more narrowly focused education. I do recognize, however, that this is my preliminary intent and perhaps my view on the topic may change with further research. 

My interest here is quite frankly the result of my own educational experience and the fact that I’m nearing its end. I suppose I’m looking for some affirmation that my educational experience was the best that it could have been, or at least that the various institutions I was enrolled in afforded me the best possibilities for my own intellectual growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment